I don't like Chinese New Year.

Seriously, I think I hate it.

I really don't like the tradition of getting new clothes, coz they usually cost quite a penny (although I like the discounts which is literally everywhere in town);
I don't like to spend my holidays going back to a strange place where my parents call home when I know exactly where my home lies;
I don't like other people asking me how many ang pows I got coz I know that I'll always get the least;
I don't like the job load before CNY coz it's usually gonna be damn lot until I have to work till midnight every working day;
I don't like it coz everybody is going out of Penang or always busy doing something and that I will always be left alone on my previous holidays;
I don't like to fake a smile at every each of person that I saw and say "Gong Xi Fa Cai" coz if you don't do that, people will think that you're not being polite or to an extent of cursing in some ways; and
I don't like it to take away my Valentine's Day.

I understand that these festivals are essential in promoting certain important values that makes all human live as a society and bond with each other, however some times the traditions, the things-that-you-must-do make me feel so.... so.... tied up and always busy and can't breathe.

And the job load... T.T I think the job load is the trigger to everything... I don't want to spend the last 2 hours of my 23th year on earth doing paperwork I took from my office. But then... I have no choice T.T waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

My Birthday is supposed to be My Greatest Day in a Year~~~ T.T God puh-leeeeease help me find a balanced way of feeling happy while burdened with so much work~~

1 comments